A Group Support and Workshop Center
A Woman Warrior and...
• A member of the temperance movement
• Fighter for women’s rights
• Established safe cottages for abused and needy women and children
• Crusader against the selling of alcohol
• Destroyer of saloons by smashing them with her hatchet
• Founded rest homes for the homeless aged
She was a wife, mother, widow, entrepreneur (selling miniature pewter hatchet pins), actress and lecturer, in an era when women’s roles were limited she was doing it all!